How to beat the heat this summer presented in an easy numerical order for wonderful viewers like you:
1) Wear loose shirts in colors you love.
2) Sandal wedges let you feet breath with the bonus feature of extra height.
3) Hats are not only for style…protect your face from the sun!
4) Sunglasses to go with every outfit is a must. Always try to have a basic black or brown pair handy.
Shoes: Target, Capris: Old Navy, Blouse: Old Navy, Bag: Marshalls, Sunglasses: Gift, Fedora: Old Navy
5) This last tip will not help you beat the heat, but mix up your outfits! Throw in new patterns and textures. Try something new today!
Enjoy the heat! Happy Tuesday.
I am giving away some free ad space over here today! Head on over to check out the other sweet prizes up for grabs as well.
I am feeling blue in a good way! A simple dress with a nice pop of color is perfect for these hot Arizona summer days. Already at 100 degrees here people!
I have a feeling I will be living in dresses all summer long!
Shoes: Ross, Dress: here! (can you believe it?)
Have a spectacular weekend!
As many of you know there are only eight days until the new Great Gatsby movie comes out!! Excited much? Oh yeah, I know I am. My latest Gatsby obsession for today is one of the songs from the soundtrack. This lovely one is by Lana Del Rey- Young and Beautiful. Give it a listen! You will be glad you did.
I have also been eyeing this little jem below. haha I party with Gatsby t-shirt. Oh yeah cus we’re tight like that.
Although for $25 a pop I think that this t-shirt is going to have to wait to be added to my fabulous wardrobe. Wardrobe meaning my pajamas/ workout clothes.
Shoes & Necklace: Forever 21, Dress: Made it myself (pattern work and all), Cardi: H&M, Belt: Thrifted
What have you been doing lately to celebrate The great Gatsby about to come out? Have you noticed the influence it has had in some recent fashion magazines? It is interesting the impact fashion in movies has on fashion on the street!
Anyways, happy Thursday!
Reasons why this month is awesome:
1) This is kind of shallow to start off with- but still exciting for me! I bought 4 amazing pencil skirts that make the tush look amazing all for $5 to $6 each! 2) My new couches arrived and they are awesome. 3) I bought a scale and weighed myself for the first time in a year and I lost over ten pounds!! Surprise, surprise. It just goes to show what eating whatever you want and not working out will do. Running around like crazy at work probably helps too. 4) I get to see my family in two weeks and meet my best friend’s boyfriend! So so so excited.
5) I got on linked in and had two new job offers (I am very happy with my job now- but it was definitely flattering to have recruiters chasing after me) 6) I got an email from my favorite college professor 7) I finally got to eat an ice cream cone…after like a day of waiting. hehe, yum! 8) I pulled weeds and the yard is lookin’ good.
9) New lighting in the kitchen, dining, living room, and bedroom! FINALLY. 10) The house is clean 11) I have been doing the 30 day shred and I am well on my way to being shredded haha- I love it when Jillian says that. 11) New swim suite! 12) Finished a dress I have been working on forever…when I say forever I mean I bought the fabric three years ago and finally finished the dress this month. 13) Tax return/work bonus/raise! 13) Things are coming together in the home décor department 14) I have got to meet some pretty awesome people lately.
Shoes: Old Navy, Skirt: Revived dress- Target, Blouse: Ross
15) I just feel so thankful and blessed.
P.S. I am being featured on Meg’s lovely blog today! Go check it out- she is AWESOME. Meg blogs at the Polished Monkey and she & I would love to have you check out her cute blog. So what are you waiting for?! Get your booties over there!
You might be thinking “hmm, that girl in the picture looks like she is one upset constipated human being.” Well I just had some dental work done and my mouth was still numb- hence me not being able to really smile and looking like I hate the world.
After a lot of practice I was able to take a couple smiling pictures. It took around 20 photos to get a picture where I didn’t look so angry! What a difference a smile makes. It was strange to have to “practice” my smile so that I didn’t look like a crazy woman.
On a cheerier note; my husband and I went out for ice cream that same night with some friends just an hour later (the numbness still had not worn off) and I may or may not have dribbled ice cream down my chin without even noticing it. Yes, I eat ice cream like a champ…or a baby. Gotta love those visits to the dentist!
Shoes: Payless, Skirt & Blouse: Target (recent), Cardigan: Ross, Bracelet: Dress Barn
Have a happy weekend!
“Style is like a muscle, you have to exercise it to keep it.” -Nina Garcia
I translate that into: “Use it or lose it!” -Meredith
Cheers to that! Thank you again Nina for such wise words of wisdom.
I find that blogging kind of keeps my style muscle in check.
Thanks to all you bloggers out there who inspire me!
So go ahead and flex those style muscles of yours. I recommend a daily dosage of flexing when ever possible.
Shoes: Target, Dress: Gap, Belt: Vintage boutique, Cardigan: H&M, Necklace: Charlotte Ruesse
Sometimes I just look at a dress and think “Oh that dress would be perfect to wear to an xyz event.” Sometimes they are cruises, weddings, church, work meetings, etc. Well, this dress would be perfect to wear to a tea party! Have I been invited to any tea parties lately? Well…not exactly, but I am sure there will be one very soon in the future. It always pays to be prepared right?
I was thrilled when eShakti asked me to review one of the pieces from their new spring collection. It was seriously- such a difficult decision! All of their dresses are so adorable. I finally settled my heart on this little doo da.
I fell in love with the crinoline that came with this dress! How fun to get to wear a crinoline. Maybe if there are no tea parties coming up I will wear this dress for Easter Sunday. I love the pastel blue and the femininity of it.
Dress: c/o eShakti, Shoes: Target, Cardigan: TJ Max, Pearl Bracelet: Forever 21
Happy Thursday! Hope you have a tea party coming up soon!
Check out a few more of my favorites here, here, and here!
For about two years now I have been on a hunt for a mustard colored cardigan. Should be an easy find right? Wrong. I am a very picky shopper.
If it was the right color the cut would be all wrong. If it was the right cut the color would be off. And if it had the right cut and color it usually would cost way too much.
Well just a week ago I mosied on into H & M and found this little gem for $5.95 FINALLY. This cardigan has it all.
Shoes: Charming Charlies, Dress: Local boutique in Idaho, Cardigan: H & M, Bracelets: Porters
I hope you have also been lucky enough to find that special item to spice up your wardrobe.
Thank you everyone who participated in the Junie Blake Giveaway! The two random winners are listed below!
Congrats to Rebecca and Cynthia! They will each get a $30 gift card to buy whatever their hearts desire at Junie Blake!! What a great way to start a Monday off.
Yep. The season for swimwear is upon us! It has been here in AZ for quite some time now- but the rest of the states are coming into some sunshine now. What with spring break coming and having summer right around the corner- it is time to start thinking about swimsuits.
What will you wear this swim season? I myself am entirely in love with one pieces- for lots of reasons. Number one being that they are modest and modesty is very important to me. Number two: I am in love with retro swimsuits! and Number three: less skin for me to burn- hehe (I am speaking from experience here).
Isn’t the back cute?! I love the red, white, and black color combo.
This lovely little swimsuit came from a fabulous swimwear company called Beverly Swimwear. They customize sizing and color combos- how awesome is that? Every woman deserves to have a swimsuit that she feels fabulous in. Custom sizing definitely makes that dream more achievable!
I love the high waisted look of this one piece. It really does make for a flattering fit- especially for us women with some curves to love. Remember to be kind to yourself this swimsuit season! Everyone is different and that is what makes us beautiful. Swimsuit: c/o Beverly Swimwear, Sunglasses: Forever 21
Happy swimwear season!